History

History of
Ontario MG T Register Inc.

The “Ontario Chapter” (the first chapter of the New England MG T Register) was founded by Sam Weller TF #630 and Gord Whatley #AM169 after a chance meeting in September 1969 at the Fall Concourse for the Antique and Classic Car Club of Canada in Toronto. After consulting with Dick Knudson TC #1 to get NEMGTR member contact information the first meeting was held November 8th at Brian Tennant’s TC #1704 home in Toronto registering 24 cars. Plans for the First GOOF (Gathering of the Ontario Faithful) were made for the spring of 1970 in Port Hope, ON.

The Chapter quickly grew and the “T-rillium News” filled a communications void for local owners as to events, news, technical data, parts sources and a wanted/for sale feature.

On 5 June 1978 the Chapter became the Ontario MG T Register Inc. and evolved into a corporation without share capital (non-profit) pursuant to The Corporation Act of Ontario. The “objectives” did not change for our group but they were broadened to include MGA support and open restrictions to membership in the Register. Ontario Register objectives are still based on those of the New England MG T Register Ltd., an international organization dedicated to the maintenance, preservation and enjoyment of the ‘T’ Series and Vintage MGs. The Ontario Register highly recommends membership in our parent organization the NEMGTR.

The name and address of the corporation as recorded with the Ministry of Consumer and Commercial Relations are:

Ontario MG T Register Inc.
55 Blue Spruce Court
Kitchener, Ontario
CANADA
N2N 1L2

Recent Posts